Some of the best products out there don’t have to be the most expensive ones! You may have not heard of P+G, but I’m sure you’ve heard of COVERGIRL right? Or Pantene, Olay and Venus to name a few.
I’ve been using products from these brands ever since I was a young girl (pretty sure the first makeup item I owned was a COVERGIRL powder compact, which automatically made me cool) so I wanted to share with you my top 5 drugstore favorites I use today.
1) COVERGIRL Outlast LipStain in Teasing Taupe – I’m obsessed with lip stains and I’ve tried them all. It’s one of the first things I do in the morning because it gives your lips a subtle hint of color that looks that you were born with a natural pink pout. I’ve found that drugstore brands work great and this is one of my favorite colors!
2) COVERGIRL Clump Crusher by LashBlast – I’ve been using COVERGIRL’s lash blast as one of my favorite mascaras for a long time. I alternate between different mascaras definitely- high end options like Dolce&Gabbana, but for the price there’s not a better option. The Clump Crusher is newer to the LashBlast family (I was a long time user of the Volume Blast) but loving this one as well.
3) Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment – I’m pretty lucky to have been blessed with thick hair, but even- so it can’t hurt to make it a bit thicker :)
4) COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Forever Fawn- I’m always on the lookout for the perfect nude nail polish. I have them all! Forever Fawn is one of those perfect match to your finger nudes!
5) Venus & Olay Razor- My biggest product fear is razorburn! I’ve found that using a razor with moisture bars can really help cut down on razorburn and those accidental cuts and scrapes.
P+G, the company behind all these mega brands, is celebrating their 175th anniversary this month. WOW. Can you imagine our great-grandparents and the beauty products they were using?
They are celebrating this milestone by creating a time capsule of the best beauty products of 2013 and then reopening it in 2038 and they want everyone’s help in voting on your favorite products here, make sure to do it before July 27th!. They also made a cute video to go with the whole project, showcasing different looks from the past, so check it out!