I’m a firm believer in living a healthy life does wonders for your skin and body; from eating a balanced diet, getting plenty of exercise, the right amount of sleep and avoiding toxins and chemicals. My skin is the most important thing to me at this point in my life. Being in my mid-20’s, just starting to see the signs of aging I’ve spent the last few years really learning as much I can about nutrition and skincare. Although I’ve been blessed with pretty good skin, growing up in Southern California, the sun drenched summers do a number on your skin and really accelerate aging. The past few years, with all the changes I’ve made- in lifestyle, health and the right skincare products – I can absolutely see an incredible improvement. There really is so much you can do keep your skin healthy and looking fresh and youthful.
My dream skin description would be a “natural glow”. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, I want to look naturally beautiful and not have to cover up imperfections. The better care you take of your skin now, the less you have to worry about in the future.
Some of my most important tips are-
1) Sunscreen- slather it on! I wear SPF 50 everyday, even when it’s cloudy. A tan is nice, sure, but good skin is even nicer.
2) Diet- you are what you eat. It’s true. You want beautiful natural skin? Eat natural products. I don’t touch anything refined- especially sugars. I avoid almost all sugars completely besides what’s found in fruit. Eat lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables and cook at home as often as possible. Don’t ever think of it as a diet. It’s a lifestyle. Learn to love it.
3) Water- I drink as much water as I can always.
4) Sleep- Get the right amount of sleep so you and your skin look and feel well rested.
5) Products- there are so many amazing products out there. It’s all about finding whats best for you. And always trying new things is important. I was so thrilled when Shiseido asked me to try out their new Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate. Shiseido is one of the oldest beauty companies in the world and an innovator in skincare.
I have been using Ultimune for about a month now and I’m in love with this silky smooth serum. It’s the first thing I put on after washing my face. The best thing about it is that you can use all your other favorite products with it. The thing I hate most about mixing products is pilling (it’s the flaky texture that happens when multiple products are put on in a row- I’m sure we’ve all experienced this many times before.) So I’m always looking for something that compliments my other favorite products- a good sunscreen and moisturizer for day and retinol products at night.
The results: My skin looks smoother and clearer and has a nice glow to it, even when I don’t get enough sleep (which is regrettably too often).