Packing for Coachella
Friday, April 4th, 2014
It’s almost that time of year again! I mean belly baring, feathers flying, glitter sparkling, the ultimate music meets fashion showdown… festival season! First up, my personal favorite- Coachella. I am SO excited for Coachella this year. I’m going as a guest of Guess and have a jam packed, full of fun weekend planned. From the all weekend pool festivities at the Guess Hotel to THE party of the weekend the Neon Carnival it’s sure to be a blast.
I put together a little collage of past Coachella photos of mine, and some hair and body inspiration from Pinterest to help you and your festival packing.
Check out my list below!
First things first- packing… I think this is my 8th straight year going to Coachella so I know a thing or two about what to bring. Here’s a list of my must haves to make sure you are festival ready!
1) Sunnies– Obviously spending all day in the sun, the perfect sunnies are a must. I’ll be rockin Guess sunnies all weekend so make sure to tune into #SeeDifferently here and hashtag your own festival inspired eyewear!
2) Bumble & Bumble Cityswept spray – my new favorite go to product to give yourself those messy bohemian effortless waves. Makes your hair piecey but also shiny and not sticky. A perfect combo.
3) Kevin Murphy Color Bug- Temporary hair chalk color. Fun to add in to the ends of your hair. Washes out after a wash or two so no need to worry about ruining those pretty locks.
4) Metal belts- layer metal belts like these awesome ones in the photos above from the Luv AJ x Stone Cold Fox collection over your jean shorts or mini dress.
5) Sneakers- You’re bound to be doing a lot of walking so comfy sneakers or slipons are key. Try a fun twist on a classic with this american flag print.
6) Sunscreen- You don’t want to be the one with the Rudolph the Reindeer nose on day two. I love Kate Somerville’s Body Glow sunscreen which also gives your body a sparkling sheen.
7) Bohemian mini dress- nothing screams festival season like the perfect loose bohemian mini dress.
8) Silver bangles- Festival season is the time of year when the biggest arm party is fully acceptable. I love a mix of silver and brass vintage bracelets.
9) Glitter- This year I plan on doing full on glitter hair! Or in my roots like my post here.
11) Body Chain- Let your inner BadGalRiri fly with a hot body or belly chain at the festival and pool parties. I never take off my Jacquie Aiche one.
12) Jean Shorts- A festival staple. Wear with your bikini top alone or a little cropped top to help fight off the desert heat.
13) Cross body bag- You need something small and effective to put your things in. You’re not going to be wanting to lug a huge tote or purse across miles of dirt and fields. Something you can hang across your body and not have to hold. Or even a cool fanny pack is the way to go.
15) Peach blush- Keep your makeup natural and minimal but give yourself a summery fresh glow. Try Dior Vibrant Color Blush in Cocktail peach– personal favorite.
Hope to see some of you out there! Who’s going??